What Does Sleep Do for a Growing Child?
States of Sleep
How Much Sleep Does Your Child Need?
Sleep Tips to Help Children Have a Good Night.
- Have a bedtime routine and consistent sleep schedule.
- Make your child’s bedroom an environment that is conducive to sleep. It should be dark, quiet and cool.
- Keep TVs and electronics out of the child’s bedroom.
- Provide lots of activities for your child to stimulate their body and brain.
- Don’t soothe a child by putting him or her to bed with a bottle of milk or juice. Use water if you must.
- Avoid caffeine.